Wednesday, October 17, 2012

#8 (Literacy Narrative Outline)

Topic
My narrative will be about my parents' contribution to my love of reading, which translated into my love of writing. (Linguistic mode)
My mom was the reader. Many nights were spent in my room listening as she reads stories (everything ranging from "Goodnight Moon" to "Where the Red Fern Grows").
My dad was the storyteller. His "Daddy Stories" were a bedtime favorite.
Both helped expand my imagination and show me the power words can have.


Outline
I will Skype-interview my parents and ask them to recount these bedtime story moments. I will ask them to share their feelings and how I accepted/loved these times.
To mix up the narrative, I will included audio bits of me (or my parents, if I can get them to do it) sharing excerpts of "daddy stories" and reading pieces of stories. Their voices would really add to the audio.

I also want background music, but this will have to be chosen carefully. Because I was a kid when I first started loving words, I should use music that feels kiddish or at least alludes to childhood.

I will have a brief intro, either of me talking, or jump right into my parents' audio, with an explanation afterwords. I could also do some other intro, like a stop-motion of me reading, or do a video of me reading with an audio overlay describing my love of reading.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you want to use excerpts of "daddy stories". Most likely these are from memory or made up on the spot it would be a great addition to this narrative to add something no one else has heard. From the examples we watched in class, you have to be careful not to make the interviews bland and long. You already suggested adding other clips to chop it up which will work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is Minori from DTC 355! I like how you include audio of your parents. Your literacy narrative will be somewhat similar to the first one that we saw in class? But, how are you going to show that your love of reading translated to writing? You may want to consider about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your ideas of having an interview with your parents, having your parents read part of a book, and including music. I think that you should use the stop motion to capture you writing. You could write either about your love of reading, a story you made up, or whatever! I think it would be cool to introduce your narrative by writing on a piece of paper and using the stop motion. You could then transition to your parents interview and/or them reading, and then finish with you writing again in stop motion. OR, while you are writing your story, you could have short clips of your parents speaking, instead of writing, interviews, writing. I hope you can understand my thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete